Welcome to The Lindley Village Surgery
The Lindley Village Surgery is a modern, purpose built and well-equipped surgery, which provides easy access for the disabled, located at the centre of the village of Lindley.
The doctors and staff at the Lindley Village Surgery are proud to offer the highest standard of patient-centred healthcare. We run many clinics for the management of chronic diseases such as asthma and diabetes and offer a wide variety of other medical services including antenatal and postnatal care, minor surgery, childhood vaccinations and well-person check-ups. We can also now offer a coil and contraception implant service.
In addition to everything you need to know about the practice you will also find a wealth of health-related information in the menu on the right hand side. Please have a look around and do send us some feedback if you like.
Here to listen, not to tell
We provide a confidential service to all our patients, including under 16s
This means that YOU CAN TELL OTHERS about YOUR visit BUT WE WON’T
If you have worries about confidentiality please feel free to ask a member of staff
The Lindley Village Privacy Notice
This Practice aims to provide you with the highest quality of Healthcare. To do this we must keep records about you, your health and the care we have provide or plan to provide.
These records may include:
- Basic details about you, such as address, date of birth, next of kin;
- Notes and reports about your health;
- Contact we have had with you such as clinical visits;
- Details and records about your treatment and care;
- Results of x-rays, laboratory tests etc.
Relevant information from people who care for you and know you well, such as health professionals and relatives.
The people who care for you use your records to:
- Provide a good basis for all health decisions made by you and care professionals;
- Make sure your care is safe and effective;
- Work effectively with others providing you with care.
We may also need to use records about you to:
- Check the quality of care;
- Protect the health of the general public;
- Help investigate any concerns or complaints you or your family have about your health care
We will not share information that identifies you for any reason, unless:
- You ask us to do so;
- We ask and you give your consent;
- It is clinical emergency;
- We have to do this by law
Everyone working for the NHS has a legal duty to keep information about you confidential. We have a duty to:
- Maintain full and accurate records of the care we provide to you;
- Keep records about you confidential, secure and accurate;
- Provide information in a format that is accessible to you (eg in large type if you are partially sighted).
You have the right
You have the right to confidentiality under the Data Protection Act 1998 (DPA), The General Data Protection Regulations 2018, the Human Rights Act 1998 and the common law duty of confidentiality.
You also have the right to ask for a copy of your records to enable you to verify the lawfulness of the processing of data held about you – Please write to the Practice FAO Data Controller at the normal surgery address detailing the information you require.
The Practice Data Protection Officer is Paul Couldrey of PCIG Consulting Limited. Any queries regarding Data Protection issues should be addressed to him at: -
Postal: PCIG Consulting Limited
7 Westacre Drive
(Site updated 25/03/2019)